Thursday 28 March 2013

Poem - Help Me

Help Me

Help me
I try to better myself
To be like You
Like You want me.
I try to be a new creation
But I struggle.

 Help me
I stir in my sleep
My dreams littered with images
Of the “me” I should be
The one I am to become

But there’s a roadblock
And I don’t know the way
I don’t know how to get there
So I am stuck
In this parallel universe
Where I am just me
Living without Your guidance.

 Help me
I can’t concentrate
My motivation is a snail
Slow and hiding.
I long to be Your princess
Instead, I am the pauper
Begging You on the streets of my life.

Help me
Mould me into the vessel You will use
To carry Your message.
Mould me, shape me, use me

Help me
Without You I am nothing
My flesh will die
Disintegrate into the earth.
If You don’t want my soul
It will burn for Eternity
In the fiery pits

 Help me, Lord
Take me in Your arms
And help me.

From kristenzuray.files.wordpress.com

Copyright - Lisa Davies, December  17th, 2010.

If you use or distribute this work, please keep it in its entirety, and link back to this page so that the appropriate credit can be given. Also, please let me know if you do use any of my work, just as a courtesy. It's great to have feedback :)



No comments:

Post a Comment