Friday 1 March 2013

Heart of Worship

I'm earnestly seeking the Lord's heart through this season of my life and I find that the way I do this is usually through worship. Sometimes if I struggle to pray, I find myself starting to worship and either that's enough, or it gets me to that place where I feel the presence of the Spirit or I can pray, in tongues or otherwise.

I'm finding myself being drawn to particular worship songs. Please don't be offended if I share them with you,  I'm sorry if it's just a list of song names and artists but I didn't have any particular messages for you on my heart last night and this is all I can think of this morning! The post is very "link" heavy, but some songs you have to just hear.

Meredith Andrews
Meredith Andrews' new album "Worth It All" has been very important to me. Songs such as "Pieces" and "Start With Me" are ones I play on a loop. There's one, too, called "As Long As It Takes", from her album of the same name, which I absolutely adore!

Speaking of playing on a loop,  Gateway Worship's "O the Blood" with Kari Jobe leading vocally is one that I play over and over - the other day I listened to it three times in a row. It evokes so much emotion and awe, but then leaves me so at peace.

Kari Jobe
Kari Jobe has an exceptional voice,  it's no wonder she was nominated for a Grammy this year.  Her most recent album, "Where I Find You" is another favourite of mine at the moment.  Her voice, like Meredith's,  touches my soul and it is like they're singing from my own heart.  "Run to You" and "Find You on My Knees" are especially poignant to me.

Gateway Worship are also in my Favourite Worship playlist, with "Glorify You Alone", "You Are For Me", and "Victory" from their "God be Praised" album, and then obviously, "Revelation Song".

Matt Redman
Matt Redman's "10, 000 Reasons" is one we sang at church and I fell in love with. I believe he won a Grammy for it this year.
 
Now before I go on to the next one, I have to let you know that I just ordered my tickets to the Days of Wonder event in Hull in June. I'm so excited I could literally vomit!  I'm not sure if this lady will be leading worship there but I felt it necessary to mention as it's where I first discovered the wonderful worship of Lydia Stanley, during the Bay of the Holy Spirit revival in Mobile,  Alabama,  with Shake the Nations (Evangelist Nathan Morris - who will be at Hull in June... see how it ties in there?)

Lydia Stanley
Lydia Stanley was the worship leader at the Bay revival and I fell in love with her voice and style of worship, through her song, "Even So, Come". It touched me so deeply that I could sob my heart out for hours.  I bought her album, "Bay of the Holy Spirit Revival" and then her second one, "Oh, What My Eyes Have Seen". She also led worship at a revival meeting at our church in January. I genuinely can't claim a favourite song as they all touch my soul in one way or another. I find myself singing "Shekinah Glory", "Shadow of Your Wings", and "You Are Holy" most often though, I think.

Now, this is far from a complete list of the music on my Favourite Worship playlist,  but these are the songs I've turned to when I've been seeking the Lord recently.

I don't know if this has helped anyone;  whether it's given anyone a push to worship more or if it's just confused you.  I'm sorry if it's the latter, but my Sunday School teacher, Auntie Joan, always said to us, "Why do we share? Because we care!" I care tremendously about each and every one of you who even glances at this page,  and I pray that the Lord blesses us all as we continue to seek and bless Him.
- Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment