Sunday 5 May 2013

Poem - I See You



I See You

I see You
I see You coming from the sky
Returning, as promised,
For Your patient Bride

I see You, my Lord
In a cloud of Glory
Descending from Your Heavenly abode
And I know
You’ve been waiting for this
Much longer than I have
Yearning to return to Your people
Longing to save us from what the world has become.
But You had to wait
And it pained Your heart
Precious Jesus, Your soul ached to be back with us
But Your timing is perfect.

I see You
And I am astonished
No longer my beautiful Saviour,
No longer the smiling face and dancing eyes that I once knew
No.
Jesus, You are not here to continue where You left
You are not here to win our hearts again

Jesus, I see You
I see You as You really are
A part of the Living God
A Warrior, ready to fight
A Soldier in the War of all Wars

I see You
Riding upon Your horse with power
With fire in Your eyes
And victory in Your heart

I see You
And I fall to my knees
I cry out Your Glorious Name
And I know this is it

 Jesus You came back
You came back to end our suffering
Once and for all
You came to seek victory over the evil one
And You reign victorious over all the earth

I see You, Jesus
As I never have before
And I am not scared

I see You
And I am with You
Forever.


Copyright - Lisa Davies, November 8th, 2010.

If you use or distribute this work, please keep it in its entirety, and link back to this page so that the appropriate credit can be given. Also, please let me know if you do use any of my work, just as a courtesy. It's great to have feedback :)

No comments:

Post a Comment